Your network is like a sponge and hackers are like water.
Secure walls do not work.
Hackers keep getting into your business because traditional security methods do not work. We used to build walls around the organization, protecting what is inside. Unfortunately, hackers found ways over, under, and around the walls of security.
Analysis works for science, but it does not work for hackers.
Some of the existing solutions include intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS), anti-virus scanners, sandbox solutions, next generation firewalls with deep packet inspection, and behavioral analytics that use machine learning algorithms. All of these techniques share one common factor -- they all try to detect an attacker.
When you try to detect hackers, the hackers change how they appear. When you try to analyze their behavior, they change their behavior. Hypothesis testing (that is, detection) works great for science, but it falls apart when you face an adversary.
The passive analysis crowd does security the wrong way.
Your security must interact with attackers.
Hackers are like the enemy on a battlefield. You might make plans to defeat the enemy, but the enemy quickly learns your strategies and adapts. Ridgeback interacts with the adversary in real-time, making the cost of attack too expensive for any attacker to bear. Sun Tzu said it best over 2,000 years ago: "Reduce the hostile chiefs by inflicting damage on them; and make trouble for them, and keep them constantly engaged; hold out specious allurements, and make them rush to any given point."
You want to wear down the adversary and force them to give up in frustration.
Interactive Defense™ is an effective security solution.
- Ridgeback lets you quickly and easily deploy camouflage, concealment, and decoys, techniques that have been proven effective in military operations for centuries. These expert techniques have previously been available only to the most skilled security professionals. Now you can easily protect your network like the experts would.
- We publicly test Ridgeback. Each public test lasts at least 7 days, 24 hours per day, with concentrated attacks from invited security professionals and uninvited cyber-criminals.
- One instance of Ridgeback can provide over 68,716,331,040 decoys. In comparison, there are 86,400 seconds per day. If someone took one second to analyze each decoy, that would take around 795,327 days, or 2,178 years. Every time the adversary tries to analyze a decoy, you get to boot them out of your network.
- Some products are like an amusement park for hackers -- they lure attackers into simulations and entertain them while you work overtime doing analysis. Ridgeback works by manipulating network protocols in special ways that deceive attackers who are looking for vulnerabilities. Ridgeback traps the attackers and saves you the trouble of complex analysis.
- Ridgeback is an extensible security and IT management framework. While the core is simple and effective, there is no limit to how you can extend the functionality of a Ridgeback.
Here is what the experts are saying . . .
- "Ridgeback's groundbreaking deception technology will keep you network safe by making it invisible to any attacker. What's more, Ridgeback will become known as the flypaper of the cyber world --- you'll know more about the details of an attack than the attacker himself." (Thomas McCabe, well known software entrepreneur and inventor who published the 'McCabe Complexity Metric' and founded McCabe Software Inc.)
- "Active defense is the way going forward." (Paul Joyal, American security analyst and media commentator, and former staff member for the U.S. United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence)
- "Ridgeback . . . delivers real active defense to networks and gracefully mitigates insider threat issues like no other product on the market today. [Ridgeback] gets into the mind of a bad actor and turns their tool kit into a beacon tripping every alarm, providing network administrators a much needed means for true active defense." (CTO, Grey Castle Group)
Protect the Inside with Ridgeback Hunter
Ridgeback Hunter will automatically observe the network and analyze the local topology and communication patterns. Based on what Ridgeback sees, it will immediately change the way an attacker sees the network segment. Ridgeback very efficiently simulates endpoints and endpoint services to lure in an attacker. Before Ridgeback is connected to the network, an attacker can clearly see where all the targets are. After Ridgeback is connected to the network, the attacker is overwhelmed with data to analyze. Additionally, the process of analyzing the network immediately alerts you to the fact that someone is trying to engage in lateral movement.
Protect the Outside with Ridgeback Guard
Ridgeback Guard uses Interactive Defense technology to stop hacking attempts that come from the Internet. Adversaries will enlist hundreds of thousands of computers to attack your Internet-facing defenses. You can use Ridgeback Guard as a form of virtual flypaper to neutralize the attacks.
Interested? Contact us for more information.